Friday, April 29, 2011

How this blog came into being

The idea for this blog came about as I was in prayer wondering about what it took to pray great prayers. “Why settle for praying average prayers if we could find the formula to pray great prayers?” I thought. I have prayed many prayers, been to a lot of prayer services and read many books about prayer, but I wondered what it took to really have the power of God move behind my prayers on a regular basis. This led me to think, “Why not look at all the prayers made by people in the bible and their results?” After studying this list, I noticed that there were certain characteristics about the people and circumstances that made certain prayers “great.” What I considered great prayers were those that brought healing, deliverance o many people, supernatural occurrences or changed the course of history. I found that most great prayers were also the result of people praying in great circumstances.



While the bible is a great book and just about everything in it is fantastic and miraculous, most everyone will admit that there are some prayers that just stand apart from others. There are those prayers keep you up at night wondering what it must have been like to have been actually been there when a particular prayer was being answered. If God could do such miraculous wonders for those who prayed great prayers in the bible, then why can’t he do it for us today? By creating this blog, I hope that people from around the world can bring their prayers, testimonials and insights here to examine and pray the Greatest Prayers of the Bible in hopes seeing great and miraculous works done in our lives!



God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment